Medical Social Worker
Provides medical social services to patients in their homes in accordance with physician orders and under the direction and supervision of the Director of Clinical Services or another appropriate supervisor.
- The ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing is required.
- The ability to access patient’s homes which may not be routinely wheelchair accessible is required.
- Hearing, eyesight and physical dexterity must be sufficient to perform a physical assessment of the patient’s condition and to perform patient care.
- Physical activities will include walking, sitting, stooping and standing and minimal to maximum lifting of patients and the turning of patients.
- Master’s Degree from a School of Social Work approved by the Council of Social Work Education
- Must have or be in the process of acquiring certification from the Academy of Certified Social Workers or similar certifying organization
- Must be licensed in the State of Alaska
- Two years of experience preferred, with at least one year of experience in a health care setting (hospital, clinic, rehabilitation center, etc.).
- Must have a fingerprint criminal background check
- Must have a current CPR certification
Driver License, Car Insurance, TB Skin Test Clearance